Monday, February 8, 2010

Care Packages for Troops Earn Glass Doctor of Riverside County, CA the Most Creative Program Season of Sharing Award

Glass Doctor of Southwest Riverside County in Murrieta, Calif., owned by Laurel Miller, is the winner of the Most Creative Program category of the company’s “Season of Sharing” campaign.

Team members from Glass Doctor of Southwest Riverside County collected items for care packages for U.S. soldiers stationed in Afghanistan. The packages were sent overseas in time for Christmas through a partnership with Assist Our Troops. Coordinated by Jan Bates, Karen Pollock and Karen Wales, Murrieta-based Realtors, Assist Our Troops sent enough care packages for more than 500 men and women serving in the Marine Corps.

“Each month I collect donations from members of our community, including local businesses and my friends and affiliates,” Wales said. “I also use my own funds to purchase items from local garage sales, which Laurel Miller allows me to store and ship from her warehouse, along with all the donations I collect throughout the month. Next I hold a monthly auction at EXIT Twin Advantage Realty, my office in Murrieta, selling these items and raising funds.”

For a complete list of items needed for Assist Our Troops go to
www.assistourtroops.com or call Laurel Miller at (951) 541-0611 or Jan Bates at (760) 723-4375.

1 comment:

  1. U wanna change ur window at ur home without go any where..
    http://windowworldnwarv.com

    ReplyDelete